Dyer & Blair Investment Bank was founded in 1954 as a partnership of stockbrokers called Hickman & Grey. In the same year, the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE) was established and we became one of the six founding members (now called the Nairobi Securities Exchange).
Two years later in 1956, Messrs Derek Ingram Dyer & Patrick Murdoch Blair took over ownership from Hickman & Grey and its name was officially changed to Dyer & Blair – a name that remains to this day.
For nearly 25 years from 1966, Dyer & Blair was solely responsible for compiling the NSE 17 Share Index until the NSE Secretariat assumed the responsibility in 1990.
The Kenya Commercial Bank Limited (KCB) acquired the Dyer & Blair partnership in 1973 and incorporated it into a limited liability company operating as a wholly owned subsidiary of the bank.
1983 saw the last change of hands when the present ownership assumed control. Since then Dyer & Blair has continued to make significant growth by expanding its range of products and services, making it one of the leading investment banks in East Africa. This led to its conversion into a fully-fledged licensed investment bank in 2004. Dyer and Blair established a regional presence by opening offices in Kampala, Uganda and Kigali, Rwanda.
Dyer & Blair Investment Bank
Head Office -Nairobi
Direct Line: +254 (709) 930 000
Physical Address: 10th Floor, Pension Towers, Loita Street
Postal Address: P.O. Box 45396 – 00100 Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]