The Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) was established in 1978. The Institute is a member of the Pan-African Federation of Accountants (PAFA) and the International Federation of Accountants (IFAC), the global umbrella body for the accountancy profession. The Vision of the Institute is ‘A world class professional accountancy institute‘, while the Mission is ‘To develop and promote internationally recognised accountancy profession that upholds public interest through effective regulation, research and innovation’.
The Institute is guided by the following core values: Credibility, Professionalism and Accountability. The Institute draws its mandate from the Accountants Act (no 15 of 2008). The Act prescribes the following as the functions of the Institute:
- To promote standards of professional competence and practice amongst members of the Institute
- To promote research into the subject of accountancy and finance and related matters, and the publication of books, periodicals, journals and articles in connection therewith;
- To promote the international recognition of the Institute.
- To advise the Examination Board on matters relating to examinations standards and policies;
- To advise the Minister on matters relating to financial accountability in all sectors of the economy;
- To carry out any other functions prescribed for it under any of the other provisions of this Act or any other written law and
- To do anything incidental or conducive to the performance of any of the preceding functions.
P.O BOX 59963-00200,
CPA Center, Ruaraka, Thika road.
Tel: +254 (0) 20 2304226, 2304227
Mobile: +254 (0) 727 531006 / 733 856262 / 721 469796/ 721469169
Email: [email protected]