The Ministry of Industry, Trade & Cooperatives (MoITC) and Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM) in collaboration with the United Nations Industrial Organization (UNIDO) have partnered to commemorate the African Industrialization Day (AID) and host the “Kenya Manufacturing Summit & Expo 2016” from 16th to 18th November, 2016 at the Kenyatta International Convention Centre (KICC), Nairobi.
The Expo aims at bringing together Kenya’s Manufacturing Sector to showcase its level of development, provide networking opportunities for various business persons, and promote locally manufactured products.
The three (3) day event is a forerunner or precursor to the commemoration of the African Industrialization Day which usually takes place 0n 20th November, each year.
This is the first such event the Ministry is hosting in partnership with the private sector with the aim of focusing on existing opportunities towards Kenya’s industrialization. The Expo provides an opportunity for showcasing Kenya’s manufactured products and which are now viewed as being competitive in pricing, of high quality, and done by a skilled workforce.
The Expo will comprise of an exhibition at the KICC Court Yard, Workshops, Business-to-Business sessions, a competition and an award ceremony for the best manufacturer in competing sectors.
The Expo aspires to:
- connect industry stakeholders across the manufacturing supply chain
- Create a forum for launching new products by manufacturers
- Raise awareness of locally manufactured products and brands
- Encourage sub contracting between SMEs and Large companies and develop a way forward for local manufacturers
Participation to the Expo will be drawn from Small Medium Enterprises (SME’s), leading industry players, Allied Industries, policy makers, manufacturers, exporters and importers, trade associations from the region, financial institutions, procurement entities, Universities, R & D institutions, government Agencies, Counties, Foreign investors and the Public.
Alongside the Expo, will be a forum where key personalities will offer presentations on topics such as the:
- Business environment and manufacturing industry competitiveness
- Strategies to increase local content for job creation
- Government procurement opportunities for local manufacturers
- Opportunities for manufacturers in the region (EAC, COMESA)
- Sub-contracting for SMEs from Large industries to create opportunities and employment
Expo attendees will benefit from:
- Meeting business buyers especially from the government
- Meeting local manufacturers as suppliers
- Exploring business growth through acquisition opportunities
- Networking with industry peers
- Attending industry mentorship panel discussions
- Exploring innovations
- Connecting with capital and financing sources
- Understanding the Kenyan manufacturing regulatory environment.
- Sourcing of locally manufactured products and locally available services
- Discussing current issues, challenges and developments in the manufacturing industry
The exhibition is open to all visitors and the entrance is free. Come one come all!
For enquiries please contact:
Ministry of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives
Email: [email protected]
PR, Communications & Marketing Manager – KAM
Email: [email protected]