The technological giant Microsoft is calling on entrepreneurs from Kenya, Rwanda, Uganda and Tanzania who are thinking deeply about the issues confronting their communities and are creating solutions that could address these issues, improve lives and impact the world, to apply for the Windows Insider Program with less than 10 days remaining before closure of the application process.
Microsoft’s Windows Insiders Program is a global community of over 7 million people using technology to make a lasting impact on the world through meaningful relationships with people around the world.
As part of Windows Insiders, the company launched the #Insiders4Good Fellowship in Nigeria, which seeks to find leaders in local communities who are actively and creatively solving problems. The tech company now has expanded the #Insiders4Good Fellowship to East Africa and is seeking East African entrepreneurs with projects in the early stage to apply to become part of their second cohort of #Insiders4Good Fellows.
The deadline to apply for the #Insiders4Good East Africa Fellowship is 31st March 2017, at 23.59 EAT while the selected fellows will be announced on 15th May 2017.
To participate in the #Insiders4Good East Africa Fellowship, applicants must be:
- Registered members of the Windows Insider Program
- Legal residents of Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania or Uganda, aged 18 and over;
- Have an idea, or a business, for a product or service in the early stage that will improve the lives of East African people;
- The product or service cannot have been selected as a winner in any contest or sweepstakes.
Twenty-five entrepreneurs will be selected and will receive:
- A premier suite of Windows hardware and software, and
- A 6-month mentorship program that will be kicked off by a special one-week learning event for Fellows and mentors. The 6-month mentorship will include tailored technical and strategic mentorship from local and international leaders to help raise the Fellows’ unique idea to the next level.
The company will also be hosting an info-session on Friday 24th March 2017 at 3pm at their offices at GrowthAfrica, 5th floor, 843 Lenana Towers, Lenana Road, Nairobi.