The new EazzyBanking App from Equity Bank is one of the necessities that one should not lack.
The App has been developed in a manner that describes what convenience is since it is a Bank that can be accessed anywhere, and at any given time. This means that whichever service that one had to visit the banking hall to access, can be done in the comfort of your home with the help of a mobile phone. It is all in your hands.
The EazzyBanking App has witnessed tremendous growth hitting a monthly transaction value of 6.5 Billion as of June 2017 since its launch in November 2016.
The activated App downloads currently stand at over 266,000 making the App the most downloaded Banking App in Kenya. It avails over 64 banking services to its customers.
According to Equity Bank, there are a number of factors that have contributed to the growth of the EazzyBanking App within the said period. With the App, one is able to do the following conveniently:
- Send up to 1 million shillings per day to other Equity Bank accounts for FREE
- Send up to 500,000 shillings per day to any account in other banks
- Pay bills like Zuku, Kplc, DSTV, eCitizen, KQ & JamboJet ticket purchase, water etc; pay for goods and services using EazzyPay
- Send money to any mobile wallet like Mpesa, ORANGE MONEY, AIRTEL Money)
- Apply and get an EazzyLoan. You can borrow from 100 to 3 million shillings
- Check Account Balance / Mini statement
- Save for your future goals and much more
From a functional integration level, the EazzyBanking App boasts of unparalleled integration. This includes the following;
- All mobile wallets: Mpesa, Airtel Money
- Banking infrastructure: RTGS, SWIFT, PesaLink, Kenswitch, Paynet.
- Card Associations: Connections at a card switching and payment level to AMEX, Visa, Mastercard, JCB, Dinners, CUP etc. Retail Payments: Through EazzyPay on the app all 68,000 merchants are integrated into EazzyPay.
- Real-time Stock Market: Real-time stock prices, traded volumes and trends from the Nairobi Stock Exchange.
- Real-time Foreign Exchange Social Media Payments:
The EazzyBanking App is arguably one of the only few banking apps in the world, certainly the only one in Kenya with a seamless integration to WhatsApp, Facebook, and Twitter with an ability to send money using these platforms.
- Pay Bills: The app is integrated to over 1,500 pay bills including all Utility companies (KPLC, Nairobi Water (and other counties), DSTV, Startimes, Zuku etc), Schools, etc.
The EazzyBanking App blends into the user’s lifestyle by seamlessly integrating to the customer’s device through the access (expressly approved by the user, ensuring it preserves their privacy). For example, the device’s camera (for personalization of the app, GPS to map the user to the bank’s nearest cash-in cash-out services (branches, agents, and ATMs), phone contacts. The user can use mobile numbers on their phonebook to send money to their contacts.
The EazzyBanking App is unique in that it has been termed to first in many respects including:
- First and only Banking app in Kenya to use social media payments.
- First and only Banking app in Kenya to allow customizations of themes and personalization.
- First and only Banking app to have a direct integration between telco SIM services and an App
- First and only Banking app with integrated ‘pay for goods and services’ using EazzyPay with nearly 30,000 merchants supported
Download the EazzyBanking App from Google Play Store or the App Store today from any mobile network.
If one does not have an Equity account, there is no need to worry, Just open one on the EazzyBanking App or dial *247# on your current line and open one hapo hapo.