Objectives of IFMIS Strategic Plan for 2013 -2018
By / September 15, 2015 | 8:13 am
Public funds should not be misused; they should be tailored towards serving the purpose they are budgeted for. In the past years, a lot of public funds have been lost both at the County government as well as at the National Government levels due to poor planning, misplaced priorities as well as unrealistic procurement policies.
The objectives of Integrated Financial Management Information System IFMIS strategic plan are;
- To ensure that there is full development and implementation of the existing as well as additional modules and functionalities as envisioned in the IFMIS Strategic Plan of 2013 – 2018.
- To provide a framework to guide the completion of IFMIS roll out to the County Governments
- To provide a framework for the increasing IFMIS awareness to all the stakeholders
- To provide a framework for training and capacity building of government officers to enable the effective use of the IFMIS system
- To ensure seamless integration or interfacing of IFMIS with other relevant financial management sub-systems including Central Bank of Kenya as well as the Kenya Revenue Authority systems among other stand-alone systems.
- To increase capacity of IFMIS core team in terms of skills and numbers to provide effective support to IFMIS operations both at National and Count Levels.
- To ensure sustainability of the IFMIS system in driving the public finance management through the adoption of continuous improvement, knowledge transfer, business continuity management and proper governance mechanisms.
More Articles From This Author