Here are Traffic Offences That Will See You Pay Instant Fines to Kenyan Traffic Cops
By Soko Directory Team / September 14, 2018
If you are one of those who has been flouting traffic rules, then your days are numbers. This is after the traffic cops were given powers to impose instant fines on offenders.
Here are the traffic offenses that will see a cough out some cash:
- 10,000 shillings for driving without identification plates affixed or plates not fixed in a prescribed manner.
- 2,000 shillings for driving while using a mobile phone
- 1,000 shillings for dropping off passengers at an unauthorized bus stops
- 3,000 shillings for picking up passengers at unauthorized places
- 2,000 shillings for failure to carry fire extinguishers and fire kits
- 10,000 shillings for driving without a valid inspection certificate
- 3,000 shillings for driving without a valid driver’s endorsement in respect of the class of the vehicle.
- 1,000 shillings for failing to renew a driver’s license
- 5,000 shillings for driving a PSV while being unqualified
- 1,000 for failure to carry and produce a driver’s license on demand
- 500 to 10,000 shillings for exceeding the speed limit
- 5,000 shillings for driving on the pavements or pedestrian walkways
- 3,000 shillings for failure by the driver to obey instructions given by a police officer in uniform either verbally or through signal
- 5,000 shillings for failing to stop when required to do so by an officer in uniform
- 10,000 shillings for causing obstruction by allowing the vehicle to remain at one position for long and inconveniencing other road users
- 1,000 shillings for a motorcycle rider carrying more than one passenger
More Articles From This Author