How To Pay For Parking In Nairobi Through Online And Via USSD
By Getrude Mathayo / Published January 18, 2023 | 1:54 pm
To park your car in Nairobi, start by dialing *647# and following the prompts.
While parking in Nairobi, avoid all attempts of someone asking you to pay in cash.
Make sure that after paying, you have received a message confirming that you have paid.
To pay parking fees in Nairobi, you just use a short code (USSD) or do it online. You don’t have to crisscross Nairobi city to look for a city council agent so as to pay the parking fee. The Nairobi City County introduced a revenue collection method that is fast, easy, and efficient
If there’s one thing motorists dread when driving into the Central Business District (CBD) in Nairobi is looking for parking and paying for it. Parking attendants have been deployed to every corner of the CBD to ensure that motorists follow the parking regulations
Before Nairobi City Council changed its service provider, we had Jambo Pay. Now, the new platform introduced in June 2019 is known as the Internal Revenue Management System (IRMS). It allows users to pay for parking using mobile money options such as M-Pesa.
How To Pay For Parking in Nairobi Via USSD
- Dial *647# on your phone.
- Reply with 1 for Parking.
- On the next page, you will be presented with eight more options.
- Daily Parking, Seasonal Parking, Off-street Parking, Penalties, Parking Status, Offloading Zone, Back and Main Menu.
- If you want to pay for parking for one day, reply with 1.
- Enter the number Plate. Do not leave any spaces.
- Reply with the zone you are in
- Select the category of vehicle
- If you have a private car, for example, you will be asked to pay Ksh. 200.
- Select 1 to proceed with payment.
- Enter your MPesa Pin for automatic payment.
- Upon completion, a message will be sent to your phone confirming your payment details.
How To Pay For Parking Online
- Allow data usage on your mobile phone or connect to a Wi-Fi connection if available.
- Go to your browser and search for the Nairobi County portal and click on self-service.
- You can create an account or continue with the payments by clicking continue.
- When creating an account, you will provide the following details – Full name, Mobile Number, and Email address, and generate a password for future logins.
- Click on parking and choose the service you need. That is daily, seasonal, topping up daily, penalty, off-street parking, or printing a receipt.
- Provide the location, type of vehicle, registration number for the car, and mobile number.
- A payment fee will appear for confirmation of payment.
- Confirm and continue with the payments.
- A pop-up message will appear on your phone, prompting you to input your M-PESA PIN.
Related Content: Here Are The Most Dangerous Places In Nairobi As Muggings Carry The Day
More Articles From This Author