New TSC Guidelines For Advertised Jobs For Primary And Secondary Schools
By Getrude Mathayo / Published September 21, 2023 | 3:33 pm
The Teachers Service Commission (TSC) has advertised permanent and pensionable replacement teaching jobs for primary and senior secondary schools.
These guidelines intricately detail the entire recruitment process, underscoring the imperative of conducting it with the utmost transparency and accountability, aligning with both the Public Officer Ethics Act and the TSC Code of Conduct and Ethics.
Under this mandate, the Commission invites applications from suitably qualified teachers for the posts shown below in line with the Teachers Career Progression Guidelines.
Read Also: Civil Servants, Teachers Set To Lose More Allowances In New SRC Plan
Guidelines For Recruitment Of Teachers
Following the advertisement for recruitment of teachers, the Regional Director, Nairobi, County Directors, and Sub-County Directors are required to conduct the selection exercise for the advertised vacancies
- Applicants will be required to submit their applications to the Secretary, Teachers Service Commission online through teachersonline.go.ke for the institution/Counties where a vacancy(ies) has been declared. Applicants will be required to upload copies of professional and academic certificates together with any other relevant document as may be applicable
- The Selection Panel is required to exercise the highest degree of transparency and accountability, as stipulated in the Public Officer Ethics Act, and TSC Code of Conduct and Ethics (CoCE, 2015).
- The TSC Regional Directors are required to induct TSC County Directors within their areas of jurisdiction, who in turn are expected to induct members of the Selection Panels involved in the recruitment process on the relevant Sections of the Act and the Code of Regulations for Teachers (CORT, 2015) before the commencement of the selection exercise
- TSC Sub-County Directors in liaison with their respective TSC County Directors MUST ensure that venues for the selection process are accessible to applicants with a disability
- Applicants whose names differ in the academic and professional certificates and/or identification cards MUST present an Affidavit, sworn under the Oaths and Statutory Declarations Act, Cap 15 of the Laws of Kenya to explain the variance in names.
- Upon generation of the Applicants’ List from the system, the TSC County Director shall share the lists with TSC Sub-County Directors who shall convene the Sub-County Selection Panel(s). The TSC Selection Panel(s) shall verify applicants’ professional, academic, and any other relevant documents before shortlisting a maximum of five (5) applicants per advertised post.
- All the applicants shall be invited for the verification of documents. The applicants shall be informed of the interview venue, date, and time through the publishing on the TSC Website at least seven (7) days from the date of publishing.
- Upon invitation for an interview, applicants shall be required to present originals and clear photocopies of the following documents: –
- A) National identification card;
- B) Certificate of Registration as a teacher;
- C) Diploma/Degree certificate and official transcripts;
- D) KCSE certificates or their equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one re-sat exam);
- E) KCPE certificate or its equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one re-sat exams)
Read Also: TSC Extends Teachers Promotion Application; How To Apply, Requirements And Deadline
F)KCPE certificate or it’s equivalent (include certificates for attempts if one re-sat exam);
- G) Primary and Secondary School leaving certificates and other relevant testimonials;
- H) National Council of Persons with Disabilities (NCPWD) Card (where applicable);
- I) An Affidavit is sworn under the Oaths and Statutory Declarations Act, Cap 15 of the Laws of Kenya to explain the variance in names;
- J) Letter of certification of results by KNEC (where applicable).
- Persons with disabilities shall be required to indicate their disability status together with the nature of disabilities to inform their placement
- The Commission shall ensure that 5% of all the advertised slots are reserved for the recruitment of teachers with disabilities by the provisions of the Constitution and the Law.
- In the event of a tie, consideration for selection will be determined as per the order of priority shown hereunder: length of Stay since graduation, Strength of academic and professional certificates presented.
Read Also: Inside Teachers’ New Pay Deal As Those Living In Rural Areas Win Big
More Articles From This Author