Skip to content
Government and Policy

68 students, 5 Teachers From Bahati Girls Test Positive For Covid-19

BY Getrude Mathayo · November 5, 2020 12:11 pm

68 students and five teachers have tested positive for Covid-19 at Bahati Girls Secondary school in Nakuru county according to the County government.

In a statement on Thursday, CEC health Kariuki Gichuki said one student who tested positive developed some complications. She added that 115 others are in Quarantine.

“One student, who tested positive for covid-19, developed some complications and is being attended to at the Nakuru PGH Covid-19 isolation and management center”, said Dr. Gichuki.

He added that a medical team is monitoring the condition of the students and teachers in isolation and quarantine at the school. He assured the public that the Health Department is monitoring the Covid-19 situation across Nakuru County.

The numbers of positive cases in schools are worrying after another 52 from Salvation Army Kolanya Boys High School tested positive.

Other schools that have to experience Covis-19 cases are Kolanya Boys High School in Busia County, Voi Primary School Taita Taveta, Friends school Kamusinga and Kimilili Boys high school both in Webuye have also witnessed the cases.

So far two teachers have died, one in Kakamega and the other in Tononoka, Mombasa.

Uhuru directed that basic education classes resume in-person learning in January 2021. Uhuru during the 13th Covid-19 national address said examination classes will continue with learning but under heightened health protocols.

President Kenyatta said this will see the examination classes adequately prepare for exams. It had been reported that schools could in the next three weeks reopen for in-person teaching for three other classes in primary and secondary institutions.

Grade 4, Class 8, and Form 4 students were directed to remain at school and continue with studies ahead of sitting national exams in March 2021.

Education stakeholders had proposed that the in-person learning for Grade 3, Standard 7, and Form 3 learners to resume. The three classes account for about three million learners. The proposal is to be presented to the President.

Trending Stories
Related Articles
Explore Soko Directory
Soko Directory Archives