KNEC Releases Dates For Grade Six Learners To Pick High Schools

By Getrude Mathayo / Published July 22, 2022 | 2:49 pm




KEY POINTS

Some 1.24 million, who are in Class Eight under the 8:4:4 education system, will join the traditional secondary schools. KNEC had already released guidelines on how the Grade 6 exam slated for November will be conducted.


KNEC

KEY TAKEAWAYS


1.27 million Grade 6 pupils will sit for the national exam on November 28 - 30. The exams will constitute 40 percent of the total score while the Grade 4, 5, and 6 school-based assessments will make up the remaining 60 percent.


The Kenya National Examinations Council (KNEC) has released dates when Grade six learners will carry out the selection of Junior Secondary School ahead of January 2022 placement.

Through Education Cabinet Secretary, Prof George Magha, KNEC will open the portal from August 15 to 30, and Grade 6 learners will then be required to select Junior High Schools in readiness for placement.

Speaking to the press on Friday, July 22, CS Magoha stated that the 1.27 million Grade 6 pupils will sit for the national exam on November 28 – 30. The exams will constitute 40 percent of the total score while the Grade 4, 5, and 6 school-based assessments will make up the remaining 60 percent.

CS Magoha stated that in January 2023, some 2.51 million learners will be joining secondary school. The education minister said in January 2023, some 2.51m learners will be joining secondary school, with Grade Six accounting for 1.27 million.

Some 1.24 million, who are in Class Eight under the 8:4:4 education system, will join the traditional secondary schools. KNEC had already released guidelines on how the Grade 6 exam slated for November will be conducted

In a statement to school heads, KNEC Chief Executive Officer, David Njegere, noted that candidates will undergo a School-Based Assessment (SBA) test in their domiciled institutions which will be marked by their teachers.

The outcome of the evaluation will then be uploaded to the portal after which they will register for the national exam. Learners will then be assigned an assessment number, an equivalent of the index number, which they will use to sit for the Kenya Inter-Mediate Level Education Assessment (KILEA) test.

The exam areas are Mathematics, English Language, Kiswahili or Sign Language, Integrated Science (Science and Technology, Agriculture, Home Science and Physical and Health Education), and Creative Arts and Social Studies (Social Studies, Christian Religious Education/Islamic Religious, Education/Hindu Religious Education, Art and Craft and Music).

Related Content: Why Mental Health Is Important To Overall Health Among Teachers






More Articles From This Author








Trending Stories










Other Related Articles










SOKO DIRECTORY & FINANCIAL GUIDE



ARCHIVES

2022
  • January 2022 (293)
  • February 2022 (329)
  • March 2022 (360)
  • April 2022 (294)
  • May 2022 (271)
  • June 2022 (232)
  • July 2022 (278)
  • August 2022 (253)
  • September 2022 (246)
  • October 2022 (196)
  • November 2022 (230)
  • December 2022 (39)
  • 2021
  • January 2021 (182)
  • February 2021 (227)
  • March 2021 (325)
  • April 2021 (259)
  • May 2021 (285)
  • June 2021 (273)
  • July 2021 (277)
  • August 2021 (232)
  • September 2021 (271)
  • October 2021 (305)
  • November 2021 (364)
  • December 2021 (249)
  • 2020
  • January 2020 (272)
  • February 2020 (310)
  • March 2020 (390)
  • April 2020 (321)
  • May 2020 (335)
  • June 2020 (327)
  • July 2020 (333)
  • August 2020 (276)
  • September 2020 (214)
  • October 2020 (233)
  • November 2020 (242)
  • December 2020 (187)
  • 2019
  • January 2019 (251)
  • February 2019 (215)
  • March 2019 (283)
  • April 2019 (254)
  • May 2019 (269)
  • June 2019 (249)
  • July 2019 (335)
  • August 2019 (293)
  • September 2019 (306)
  • October 2019 (313)
  • November 2019 (362)
  • December 2019 (318)
  • 2018
  • January 2018 (291)
  • February 2018 (213)
  • March 2018 (275)
  • April 2018 (223)
  • May 2018 (235)
  • June 2018 (176)
  • July 2018 (256)
  • August 2018 (247)
  • September 2018 (255)
  • October 2018 (282)
  • November 2018 (282)
  • December 2018 (184)
  • 2017
  • January 2017 (183)
  • February 2017 (194)
  • March 2017 (207)
  • April 2017 (104)
  • May 2017 (169)
  • June 2017 (205)
  • July 2017 (189)
  • August 2017 (195)
  • September 2017 (186)
  • October 2017 (235)
  • November 2017 (253)
  • December 2017 (266)
  • 2016
  • January 2016 (164)
  • February 2016 (165)
  • March 2016 (189)
  • April 2016 (143)
  • May 2016 (245)
  • June 2016 (182)
  • July 2016 (271)
  • August 2016 (247)
  • September 2016 (233)
  • October 2016 (191)
  • November 2016 (243)
  • December 2016 (153)
  • 2015
  • January 2015 (1)
  • February 2015 (4)
  • March 2015 (164)
  • April 2015 (107)
  • May 2015 (116)
  • June 2015 (119)
  • July 2015 (145)
  • August 2015 (157)
  • September 2015 (186)
  • October 2015 (169)
  • November 2015 (173)
  • December 2015 (205)
  • 2014
  • March 2014 (2)
  • 2013
  • March 2013 (10)
  • June 2013 (1)
  • 2012
  • March 2012 (7)
  • April 2012 (15)
  • May 2012 (1)
  • July 2012 (1)
  • August 2012 (4)
  • October 2012 (2)
  • November 2012 (2)
  • December 2012 (1)
  • 2011
    2010
    2009
    2008
    2007
    2006
    2005
    2004
    2003
    2002
    2001
    2000
    1999
    1998
    1997
    1996
    1995
    1994
    1993
    1992
    1991
    1990
    1989
    1988
    1987
    1986
    1985
    1984
    1983
    1982
    1981
    1980
    1979
    1978
    1977
    1976
    1975
    1974
    1973
    1972
    1971
    1970
    1969
    1968
    1967
    1966
    1965
    1964
    1963
    1962
    1961
    1960
    1959
    1958
    1957
    1956
    1955
    1954
    1953
    1952
    1951
    1950