HELB Announces New Changes In Loan Payments
By Getrude Mathayo / Published December 6, 2023 | 1:00 pm
The Higher Education Loans Board (HELB) stated that all payments would be channeled to the e-Citizen platform.
According to the notice published, HELB noted that the move was compliant with President William Ruto’s order that all government functions be consolidated into a single platform to streamline tax collection. The Board announced that the changes would take effect immediately.
“HELB wishes to notify all stakeholders that following the directive from the Government and subsequent Gazette Notice declaring eCitizen as the official digital payment platform for all government services, HELB has seamlessly integrated with the eCitizen Payment Payment platform,” the notice read in part.
According to the new changes, a user can make payments using four ways: Unstructured Supplementary Service Data (USSD) code, HELB mobile application, loanee self-service portal, and employers portal.
Read Also: HELB Releases Funds To University And TVET Students
- Users will be required to dial *642# to register or log in
- Choose the loan repayment, select mobile money provider, and enter the amount and key in your PIN
- Following the payment, you will receive an SMS notification from eCitizen.
HELB Mobile Application
- Download the mobile application from the Play Store and login if you have an account or register to create an account
- Select the pay loan option
- Confirm phone number and amount to pay
- Key in your PIN upon prompt. You will receive an SMS notification from eCitizen.
Loanee Self-Service Portal
- Log on to the eCitizen platform and access the self-service option through the HELB menu.
- Select Loan repayment and make payment option.
- Fill in the amount to pay and click pay
- You will receive a notification to confirm. Once confirmed, the payment options will be displayed.
- Select your preferred payment option and follow the prompts.
- Once the payment has been made, click Complete.
The HELB Employer portal is the entry point for employers:
- Log on to the HELB portal: helb.co.ke
- Upload Remittance List
- Verify all the details entered and click the confirm button.
- Upon confirmation, print the e-slip
- Click on payments on the Menu.
- Choose the remittance record you want to pay for, then click on the ‘Make Payment’ button.
- Once the payment is completed, the record will be automatically updated.
- On the menu, click on statements to view updated and paid remittances.
- Generate the receipt.
Read Also: HELB To Release Funds This Tuesday
More Articles From This Author