IFMIS Electronic Procurement
By / Published September 28, 2015 | 8:09 am
IFMIS e-procurement fully automates the procurement as well as the payment process. It interlinks planning, budgeting, expenditure management, control, and accounting, auditing and reporting. With e-procurement, transparency has been increased as well as accountability over the entire life cycle of the procurement transaction, from procurement planning all the way to the payment.
A supplier who wishes to have an electronic procurement number needs to fulfill the following requirements;
- A business entity must be dully registered with the registrar of companies.
- The business entity must have a tax compliance certificate from Kenya Revenue Authority.
- The business location, address, phone numbers, email addresses and contact person must be provided.
- The category of goods or services that the business entity supplies must be indicated.
- The business entity must have a system generated IFMIS number.
- The supplier will be provided with access credentials for the iSupplier portal.
- The user of the e-procurement service must have access to the internet.
More Articles From This Author